Wine unable to open display.

Rob Hughes rob at robhughes.com
Sun May 18 11:29:32 CDT 2003

On Sun, 2003-05-18 at 10:56, Philipp Wollermann wrote:
> Hmm.
> Could you please tell us some details about your Linux? (bash version,
> distribution, etc.)

RH 9, I hate bash, so I use pdksh 5.2.14, all updates applied. I am
using the --with-nptl switch in wineinstall.

So, to follow up to myself, winetools is just b0rked. I do *not* put the
cvs gathered source in ~/ due to quotas and the fact that $HOME is a
network mounted share. It goes in a global source directory on my build
machine, which is the only one with the needed build tools. I turned
quotas off and put the cvs tree in my home directory on that machine and
it built. It still barfs at not being able to find my NFS mounted
windows drive, but that's probably a different issue, though still quite
annoying. For now, I'll just have to settle for ./configure followed by
manually creating configs.

Regards,
Rob