[Wine]First use of 20040813

Simon Kitching simon at ecnetwork.co.nz
Mon Aug 16 00:04:55 CDT 2004

On Mon, 2004-08-16 at 16:52, The MCP wrote:

> Autocad 2000 started and works, but is intolerably slow. The only
> problem is that some text does not render if it isn't just the
> block-characters you see from long range. This error came up repeatedly
> and I think it's to blame:
> fixme:font:ExtTextOutW called on an open path

How often is "repeatedly"? I found that when trying to run one game
(HoI), I was getting around 5 error messages per second, and it was the
volume of error logging that was causing the performance problem.
Running wine with:
  wine {appname} >/dev/null 2>&1
caused the performance issues to go away, just by supressing the
excessing generation of error messages.

Regards,

Simon