[Wine]IE6 and downloading

Peter Birch plbirch at earthlink.net
Tue Aug 24 17:59:41 CDT 2004

I have current wine from CVS as of 3:46 P.M. 08/24/2004 pacific time
(California)

I am using Debian Linux kernel 2.4.24

I have IE6sp1 installed and running (looks very good) I get all the
crappy pop-ups and everything.

I have Sun java JVM 1.4.2 installed.

What I am trying to do is run a java applet for example:
http://java.sun.com/products/javawebstart/demos.html

These don't work and what I am noticing is that I think it is related to
the fact that I can not download anything.

When I right click/Save target As... I get the error "Internet Explorer
cannot download draw.jnlp from java.sun.com.

A similar error happens regardless of the site or the file.

Something else I noticed while trying to track this down is that in the
IE6 menu item Tools/Internet Options/Temporary Internet
Files/Settings... the amount of diskspace to use is 0 and I cannot
change it without getting an error of "Please select a value between 1
and 0 for how much disk space temporary Internet files may use.

If I try "Move Folder" regardless of what folder I select I get the
error "There won't be enough space in the new location for the currently
downloaded content."
There is no currently downloaded content.

Can anyone please help me get past this.

Thanks!