[Wine]wine-20041201 Installation Problem

Adam Daou adam.daou at rogers.com
Sun Dec 26 13:16:07 CST 2004

Season's greetings to all and Happy New Year.
I've been trying to install wine-20041201 in Debian-like Knoppix 3.6, Kernel
2.6.7 for a while now but my pre-existing wine version (2004516) didn't
change at all. Naturally, I've tried winehq site and google for any
potential help but in vain. Successfully installed latest Winetools anyway,
but I needed to update my wine. I then removed my previous wine and tried to
install 20041201. Option 1: ./configure, make depend, make, and make install
led
to [msvcrt.dll.so] error 2 the first time, and to [winetest/__install__]
error 2, the second time. When I used ./tools/wineinstall [Option 2], the
installation went all the way with no errors, but later when I typed
wine --version, I kept getting the following:
"wine: failed to initialize: /usr/lib/wine/ntdll.dll.so: cannot open shared
object
file: No such file or directory". And wine doesn't even start!
Tried cvs update all the way to compilation and installation, and still the
same error message. I do have 20041019.tar.gz in store but I haven't tried
it yet. Any help will be very appreciated.
Thanks in advance.
Adam