[Wine]Can't load X dll...

Dave Washburn dwashbur at nyx.net
Mon Jul 19 20:54:26 CDT 2004

My question is both general and specific.  First the specific: I'm trying to
run Logos 2.0 Bible software under the latest release of wine that I got and
installed from cvs about 2 days ago.  That release cured a lot of my woes
(thanks to all who pointed me that way) but now when I try to run this
particular program, it keeps telling me it can't load a particular DLL,
specifically LEAD20.DLL which is part of the Logos package.  I've checked my
wine.conf for the location of the system folder and made sure the file is
there; when that didn't work I copied the file to the program's own system
folder, and I just keep getting the same message.  I checked my Windows
machine and found a couple of lines in the win.ini that weren't in my Linux
one, so I added those and tried again.  No help.  What's the next step?

Now the general: this seems to happen occasionally with various programs,
can't load a particular dll.  Is there a somewhat general cause for this in
wine, or something along those lines?  I'm wondering about things like
registry entries, upper/lower-case issues, or some such.  Thanks in advance,

--
Dave Washburn
http://www.nyx.net/~dwashbur