wine registry

Dwight Spence dspence at
Mon Mar 8 12:53:44 CST 2004

Actually my Red Hat installation is 7.3. I would like to upgrade Wine without upgrade to GLIB_2.3.  I tried the wine_*20031212*.rpm but it requires upgrades of GLIB_2.3.  Is there any other way to modify the registry

	-----Original Message-----
	From: Sylvain Petreolle [mailto:spetreolle at]
	Sent: Mon 3/8/2004 1:11 PM
	To: Dwight Spence; wine-users at
	Subject: Re: wine registry

	Dwight, a piece of advice :
	>My WINE installation was part of a standard Red Hat 7.2 installation CD, which require no  ---
	- RedHat 7.2 is old - and software found on installation CD are usually older than the CD itself.
	This is confirmed by the name of the files you give in your mail.
	Consider a WINE update - official binary downloads are at :
	- Avoid to run WINE (and any other software) as root.
	> My Red Hat installation created the following reg files below........
	> /etc/wine.systemreg
	> /etc/wine.reg
	> /etc/wine.userreg
	> /root/.wine/config
	> /root/.wine/wineserver-localhost
	> /root/.wine/user-reg
	> /root/.wine/sys-reg
	> /root/.wine/userdef-reg
	Sylvain Petreolle (spetreolle_at_users_dot_sourceforge_dot_net)
	Say NO to software patents
	Dites NON aux brevets logiciels
	"You believe it's the year 1984, when in fact, its closer to 2184"1984 / Matrix
	Créez votre Yahoo! Mail sur
	Dialoguez en direct avec vos amis grâce à Yahoo! Messenger !Téléchargez Yahoo! Messenger sur