[Wine] Running MoneyCounts 8.0 for DOS

Wine Mailing List winelist at UniXpress.com
Sat Apr 29 20:15:11 CDT 2006

OS: SuSE 10.0
Wine: v20050725-3.2

I am trying to move this ancient DOS accounting application from a dying
SCO OpenServer system where it has run happily under DOS/Merge for years.
The original installation have long since disappeared.  I made a tar
archive of the mc8 directory and all its subdirectories. moved it to the
SuSE box and untarred it under my ~/.wine/drive_c/Program Files/mc8
directory.

When attempting to execute using "wine mc8.exe" from the above directory,
in an X11 terminal window I get:

	Warning: unprotecting memory to allow real-mode calls.
         NULL pointer accesses will no longer be caught.
fixme:int:DOSVM_Int33Handler Position mouse cursor
fixme:int:DOSVM_Int10Handler Get Font Information - Not Supported
fixme:int:DOSVM_Int10Handler Get Font Information - Not Supported

If I use wineconsole, these message are flashed on the screen but covered
by a solid black window.

Attempting to to execute from a character console session, I get:

fixme:ttydrv:TTYDRV_GetBitmapBits (0x1a4, 0x40396c24, 128): stub
fixme:ttydrv:TTYDRV_GetBitmapBits (0x1a0, 0x40396ca4, 128): stub
fixme:ttydrv:TTYDRV_GetBitmapBits (0x1ac, 0x40396eec, 128): stub
fixme:ttydrv:TTYDRV_GetBitmapBits (0x1a8, 0x40396f6c, 128): stub
Warning: unprotecting memory to allow real-mode calls.
         NULL pointer accesses will no longer be caught.
fixme:int:DOSVM_Int33Handler Position mouse cursor
fixme:int:DOSVM_Int10Handler Get Font Information - Not Supported
fixme:int:DOSVM_Int10Handler Get Font Information - Not Supported

Needless to say, I am new to wine and would appreciate any pointers ...

Thank you,
Lucky