[Wine] Could not load 'SOUND.DLL' required by 'sierrawh', error=2

GuruLounge - MailLists maillists at gurulounge.dyndns.org
Thu Feb 2 03:00:04 CST 2006

Well, I'd definetly try to copy the dll from a windows partition (I have
mine mounted on /windows for reasons like this).  I'd also fool around
with "winecfg" and see if adjusting the audio settings works.

It wouldn't hurt to do:

WINEDEBUG="loaddll" wine yourprogramname.exe

and see if SOUND.DLL is being loaded native or builtin.

Jeff