[Wine] Re: No License error message when running MSAccess via Wine

Daniel Skorka skorka at gmx.net
Mon Mar 19 00:49:16 CDT 2007

Robert McLean <robert.mclean1 at sympatico.ca> wrote:
> Does any one out there running MicroSoft Access 97 get this message
> when they try to run it via Wine ?
>
> "Microsoft Access can't start because there is no license for it on
> this machine"
>
> I get this message, despite the fact I have a perfectly legal copy of
> Access on my machine, and it runs perfectly, and has been for years,
> from windows.

Most likely Access is looking for a registry key that contains a serial
number or something similar. This key exists under windows because that
is where you installed it. Consequently, it doesn't exist in the wine
registry. If I am right, you need to dig through the windows registry
for this key, and add it to the wine registry.

Daniel