[Wine] Re: app has problems parsing its config file

ap andreasplesch at gmail.com
Mon Mar 19 00:51:19 CDT 2007

On Nov 28, 2:20 pm, Duane Clark <junkm... at junkmail.com> wrote:
> ap wrote:
> > On Nov 28, 12:07 pm, Duane Clark <junkm... at junkmail.com> wrote:
> >> That version of Wine had quite a few errors in the file reading
> >> functions. Have you tried the most recent Wine?
>
> > No, just 0.9.22 which I thought was quite recent. If there are known
> > file reading problems, the latest may definitely be worth trying.Yes, that would definitely be worth a try. There have been several
> patches since then to fix bugs in that area. The most recent Wine
> version is 0.9.26, and that would be the one to try.

Ok, I will put this on.

> > andreas at fels ~/.wine/drive_c/windows/temp $ grep -i msvcrt dll.out
> > trace:loaddll:load_native_dll  Loaded module
> > L"C:\\windows\\system32\\MSVCRT.dll" : native
> > trace:loaddll:load_builtin_dll Loaded module
> > L"c:\\windows\\system32\\msvcrt.dll" : builtin
>
> > So it seems to load first the native and then later the builtin ?Hmm... I am not sure why it would do that. I am guessing you set the
> override only for the application? If so, try setting it for everything
> (all applications should work fine with a native msvcrt), and see if
> that works.

I set the default in winecfg to native msvcrt. Now only the native dll
loads, and the error message disappears ! So, there seems to be a
problem with the builtin msvrct.

Of course, now the app crashes just after it is done initializing the
user interface according to its start-up messages and just before it
want to create the main window with the menus and a 3d display area.

I will try to produce debug output for that as well and will try to
mroe default native dlls.

Andreas