[Wine] building 64 bit binaries from source

Aryeh M. Friedman aryeh.friedman at gmail.com
Fri Jan 25 19:27:25 CST 2008

Ove Kaaven wrote:
> Aryeh M. Friedman skrev:
>> 1. Due to item 2 I can't build wine but I have vista64 installed on a
>> mounted partition can I just tell wine to use it's dll's... if so how?
> Hmm, you can't tell wine to do anything without compiling it
> first... and the answer is no anyway. (Well, technically, you
> *could*, if you were able to build Wine, but there's no good reason
> to. "It won't work" is an understatement.)
>> 2. When I do a make (I am not installing as a port) I get:
>> actxprxy_servprov_p.c:272:2: error: #error Currently only Wine and
>> WIN32 are supported.
>> *** Error code 1
> Make sure you pass --disable-win64 to configure. Set CC="gcc -m32",
> CXX="g++ -m32", and maybe set --host as if cross-compiling to i386.
> There's a check early in configure.ac that sets -m32 and such
> automatically if the canonical host is x86_64*linux*. Consider
> submitting a patch to wine-patches that does the same for BSD.

Doesn't work:

aryeh at flosoft:/home/aryeh/wine% ./configure --disable-wine64
CFLAGS="-m32" CXXFLAGS="-m32"
checking build system type... x86_64-unknown-freebsd8.0
checking host system type... x86_64-unknown-freebsd8.0
checking for gcc... gcc
checking for C compiler default output file name...
See `config.log' for more details.

- --
Aryeh M. Friedman
FloSoft Systems, Java Tool Developers