[Wine] Re: help a newbie; X (font?) error with "gold" app?

dimesio wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sat Jul 19 00:06:08 CDT 2008

I downloaded the program and installed it. It needs winetricks riched20, but no other overrides. I got all the ole errors from the installer, too; they didn't matter. I did not get any msvcp71.dll errors. I don't know why you're getting them.

About the foreign characters, it seems to be necessary to select a specific language pack with the installer from http://www.byki.com/fls/FLS.html in order for the necessary fonts and sounds to be installed. Just downloading the program, then trying to add language packs, does not work. I don't think this is a Wine bug--it seems more like an intentional limitation of the free version of the program.

One other thing, though: I am using Wine 1.1.1; you may want to try upgrading and see if the install goes better.