[Wine] how to compiling wine component and submit a patch?

xrfang wineforum-user at winehq.org
Thu Nov 27 01:01:57 CST 2008

Hi there,

I am a Chinese Wine user.  Recently I am studying a notorious wine problem among Chinese community.  The problem is that some Chinese application cannot display text correctly.

There is a "dirty" patch submitted in the Ubuntu community, as it is dirty, people don't think the Wine team will accept it.

I am trying to study this problem.  My questions are:

1) How do I compile a portion of wine, e.g. gdi32.dll.so, without compiling the entire source tree?

2) If a new solution is workable and we think is worth to submit to the Wine team, how do I submit the patch?

Thanks,
xrfang