[Wine] Memory Limitations for WINE 1.1.33 under Mac OS Leopard

Gert van den Berg wine-users at mohag.net
Sat Dec 5 16:54:22 CST 2009

On Sun, Dec 6, 2009 at 00:40, tpatko <wineforum-user at winehq.org> wrote:
> 2) Is there anything special that I need to do to comply with the WINE license to distribute binary packages only?  I made ONLY the change to the __wine_dos memory allocation variable (that is it).  Is it sufficient for me to document my single change when redistributing binary package only or must all of the source code be distributed as well.

First, I'm NOT a lawyer.... Asking one is probably a better idea. For
a start you should at least read the license...

As far as I understand the LGPL, you should have the source code (Wine
part with your modification to it, as used to build) available and
give it to anyone that has a copy of the program. (main difference
here between GPL and the LGPL here is that things using Wine/winelib
is not subject to it as well, as they would have been under the GPL)
You won't need to include it in the same package..