[Wine] Re: How can I detect WINE from my program?

andreaplanet wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed Jun 3 11:18:05 CDT 2009

austin987 wrote:
> Native dialog boxes aren't allowed, many programs depend on certain
> nuances of the native dialog boxes.

We don't ask for native dialog boxes, it's against the Wine viewpoint, and this is accepted.
We ask for a simple getNativeOS function. So that we can use our own native linux/mac binary to do whatever we want for a more user-friendly application.

austin987 wrote:

> > Also is it possible to run always own  distributed native linux/mac binaries even with a hardened Linux sandbox?
>
> Not sure what you mean here.

oiaohm said that with a hardened Linux/Sandbox it's not possible to run 'other native binaries', is this true also for my own distributed native linux binary or only for the binaries outside the C: symlink?