[Wine] Re: SecuROM and Wine on Mac OS X

doh123 wineforum-user at winehq.org
Fri Apr 30 16:23:29 CDT 2010

I'm not 100% sure on this.... but... I don't think that works on Mac OS X yet, as there is no device access... you can only map to a mount, and not to the device itself...

Oblivion runs if you can and do use a no-disc hack. (not legal in all areas)

Oblivion has major issues under Wine on OSX that don't show up in Linux... it happens in Crossover Games as well, so its not the X server, its something about Wine and OSX.... which leaves it unplayable at all in Wine for me.

That said, if you use a no-disc hack, there are hacked Cider wrappers floating around the web that make oblivion play fantastically on OSX.... until (if ever) it works right in Wine.