[Wine] Re: Where do I start?

doh123 wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun Apr 10 21:19:16 CDT 2011

according to the AppDB entry for that game, it has an Xtrap program that runs for anti-cheating that checks for and prevents it running under virtual machines and Wine.... so its unlikely you'll ever get it to work.

On Mac OS X, normal Wine is basically compiled from source code and used command line, which is why it looks difficult... it is.

You probably want to use a 3rd party tool (http://wiki.winehq.org/ThirdPartyApplications) for Wine usage though... such as Wineskin (http://wineskin.doh123.com/Information.html), or Crossover (http://www.codeweavers.com/).  While that makes Wine usage easier, it won't help in your case since that game you want to run has built in way they detect things like this and disable them on purpose... but the test results are pretty old, things may have changed if you want to try it just for fun, but I wouldn't get my hopes up.