[Wine] Re: Making Wine Firefox the default browser

oiaohm wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun Apr 17 23:32:19 CDT 2011

Really you want you default web browser to be native.  I have useragent switcher installed in firefox all the time.  That is enough to make a lot of website work that otherwise refuse.

The item you will be running into is wine default webbrowser.  Called of all things winebrowser

from http://wiki.winehq.org/UsefulRegistryKeys
WineBrowser

+->Browsers
|   [List of browsers that Wine will attempt to launch when running winebrowser
|    command or clicking on a link in a Windows application. Default value is
|    xdg-open,firefox,konqueror,mozilla,netscape,galeon,opera,dillo]
|  +->Mailers
|      [List of mail clients that Wine will attempt to launch when running winebrowser
|       Default value is xdg-email,mozilla-thunderbird,thunderbird,evolution]

My problem I I don't know how to make WineBrowser load a wine browser.

I know 100 percent how to make it load what ever linux browser you like.  Basically something has to be done to the Browsers reg key.  I have never had todo it to make it go to a windows browser.

I also think if you run firefox inside wine and tell it to take default will override WineBrowser as well.  Don't trust me on this.  This is only from memory.  And if this is the case would explain why I cannot remember how to change WineBrowser.