[Wine] Re: Tring to Build Wine from Source on OS X

ischou wineforum-user at winehq.org
Mon Apr 25 08:44:01 CDT 2011

Did you remember to add your install paths to your environment before running configure?

For example, if you built libjpeg with the following configure (I'm presuming bash shell):

Code:
CFLAGS=-m32 LDFLAGS=-m32 configure --prefix=/usr/local/32bit
make
make install

Your configure line for wine would need to include the path to /usr/local/32bit:

Code:
CFLAGS=-I/usr/local/32bit/include LDFLAGS=/usr/local/32bit/lib configure

Depending what each package prefers to use for setting up its own headers and libraries, you may need to include some or all of the following environment variables:

CFLAGS=-I/usr/local/32bit/include
LDFLAGS=-L/usr/local/32bit/lib
PATH=${PATH}:/usr/local/32bit/bin
PKG_CONFIG_PATH=${PKG_CONFIG_PATH}:/usr/local/32bit/lib/pkgconfig

of course /usr/local/32bit is just an example. You could use whatever else you prefer.