[Wine] Help with a steam game on ubuntu

James McKenzie jjmckenzie51 at gmail.com
Sat Jul 9 18:19:52 CDT 2011

On 7/9/11 4:10 PM, jshrable wrote:
> Yesterday my computers hard drive was supposedly destroyed because of windows as dell tech help told me over the phone. My friend came over today and introduced me to ubuntu and wine. My computer is working wonderfully on this os but I have a problem. I bought elder scrolls III on steam yesterday 20 minutes before my computer crashed. I don't really know the first thing about computers. I have steam installed but when i try to open elder scrolls steam brings up a menu that says launching game then that text goes away and nothing happens. Please help thank you.
This has been discussed, very recently, on the forum.

One thing I really hate discussing is PLEASE READ THE NEW USERS STICKY
BEFORE POSTING TO THE FORUM.  It provides great hints and ideas before
posting.

Please read the Applications Database entry on this game and see if any
information provided there will be of assistance:
http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=application&iId=1015

James