[Wine] Re: UXTheme and Vista Styles potential problem

Fred2 wineforum-user at winehq.org
Thu Nov 17 13:43:35 CST 2011

At the first thought, having Wine windows with different borders than native gtk/qt windows makes no sense but even more inconsistency. But on the other side, "unified look" (in applications where content merges into titlebar) is also an argument.

But what themes would users use? Even on Windows, the amount of users who know how to change a theme or who care about is low. I imagine Wine users would either use an original Windows theme or a theme that matches their gtk/qt theme (or no theme at all).

> If the theme engine can hook into other GUI toolkits externally as well [...] you could make wine apps seamlessly blend in with those on your desktop.

So that is the way to go!
Any thoughts by wine developers on that? When and how would this be possible? At least for system colors and system icons should be feasible. Hooking GTK into msstyles (for bitmap-styled buttons etc.) is understandably the most challenging and probably above the scope.