How about holding Wineconf at Google's campus in Mountain View, California?

Brian Vincent vinn at theshell.com
Wed Feb 7 00:05:54 CST 2007

Random thoughts:

1.  There must be someone on the ground that's willing to organize the
conference.  Saying we want it in Amsterdam is nice, but we have to find
someone there to organize.

2.  We had some suggestions come out from the last WineConf: one was
Slovakia (which sounded interesting) and the other was Hans Leidekker
mentioning some space he might be able to find at the university he
works at in Holland.  I think an email to Hans might open a door.

3.  Europe really lends itself well to hosting it.  That's where the
majority of developers seem to be and the travel is easy.  I don't
think the US will attract nearly as many people.

4.  Live video feeds are tough.  Trying to do the multi-site thing might
be quite difficult.  If we could throw some nice Tandberg or Polycom
equipment at it, then maybe it would be worth it.  It would be interesting
to tackle this problem now and come up with a rock-solid solution that
can be used year after year.  Every year video comes up and every year
we decide we can't do it because we failed so miserably at it the first time.

5.  Unless WineConf is being held in third-world country around early
November of next year, I don't think I'll be making it.  At least I
don't want to have to explain to my fiance why I'm skipping the honeymoon
and going to a conference.  Therefore this year I'll advocate video of
some sort (streaming or recorded.)

6.  After the CrossOver Mac product takes off, I think renting a cruise
ship and hosting the conference would be a wise tax writeoff for CodeWeavers.

-Brian